Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ceramic Tiles


This card I made using a technique I call the Ceramic Tile technique...I don't know if that's really a bona fide technique, but I'm gonna call it one.   I used an old Stampin Up Hydrangea stamp in Night of Navy on Whisper White (4"x6").   I then cut the image into 1 inch squares (being careful to keep them in exact order)...I then sponged each square on all 4 sides (being careful to keep them in exact order)...then I gued them down to another piece of Whisper White, leaving a little tiny "grout line" between them (being careful to keep them in exact order- can you tell that I made the mistake of screwing up the order once?   You definitely do not want to do that!)
Anyhow, after all of your pieces are attached to the larger white piece, then hold your VersaMark pad upside down and pounce it all over your work to make sure it is all covered.   Then coat with clear embossing powder and heat it to melt...you may have to repeat this step a time or two to make sure you have a congruent glossy coat over all.
When I was done with that, I attached to a slightly bigger piece of Night of Navy, which was sponged around the edges with White.   Then after the ribbon was attached, I affixed it to the 5"x7" card base, also Night of Navy.  
I love this look- you could surely make a smaller version for an A2 sized card, just be sure to start with an even measurement so you can keep your squares the same size...1" squares work very nicely.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment