Sunday, April 25, 2010

Born to be Wild


Here's my post for the May Guest Designer Challenge...it's a great sketch, and I love the chance to take a shot at this spot.
My card uses "Bye Bye Boy"...love the image- it reminds me a lot of my little guy, even tho he's a little bit older now, but he seemed to be born always moving and always on the go.  I colored it with Copics and airbrushed the background.
The cardstock and paper were actually just generic scraps I found in my scrap pile...then I knew I wanted to add something related to the image as my "circles" that were in the sketch.   It finally came to me-  I will make bicycle tires!   I did a sort of Spirelli work (I think) on white scalloped circles-  I've never actually done Spirelli, but this is what I imagine that it might look like.   Then I overlayed black "tires" cut out with Nestabilities, and added brads for the hubcaps.
I hope you like it, and maybe even inspires you to take a nice bike ride on a lovely Spring day!   (or chase after your small children, trying to leave town on a bike)...have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment