Sunday, April 25, 2010

Purse-onal Birthday Card

I made this cute little purse/card for a friend's birthday...it's just the right size for a little Ghiardelli or other type of flat chocolate, or maybe a gift card instead.   In fact I am going to make up a bunch of these for my friends' birthdays for the next few months...it's a great way to use up some DSP scraps.
I know I saw something like this on SplitCoast, but I can't find it, so I apologize for not giving credit where its due.
It's made with 2 Top Note diecuts of DSP (I used some old Groovy Guava), cut another of Chocolate Chip, then manually cut off 4 corners.  I cut strips of Chocolate Chip about 1 1/4" wide, then rounded the ends, folded and taped them together for the handles...attached with little brads   White gel pen is the "stitching".   Then I made a narrow little "box" and sandwiched it all together with ScorPal tape for strength.   I made the little insert to fit inside, and folded the bottom up to make a little pocket to hold a goodie or giftcard (that part is optional).
Thanks for checking it out...have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment